Thursday, August 24, 2006



The kids tried making us pay 1 dollar each to guide us. We thought that we didn't need one, how wrong we were! At first it was really nice walking along the river, however we didn't go onto the track were we were supposed to and carried on the river. I walked into what I am convinced was quicksand, but Bea is not sure. Suddenly I was up to my thigh in sand!!! I tried getting out and yanked on a rock. My flip flop got stuck and I saved the other one. We then spent 20 mins looking for it and had sand up to my elbows searching. We gave up, and I lost my favourite present (from Felipe) of the last year. My comfortable Havaianas that were in IESE with me, and had travelled the globe. The comfort, the grip, ahhh!

La riviere... C'etait magnifique et u peu bizarre aussi. gosses voulait 1$ chacun pour nous servir de guide. On a refusé en pensant qu on en avait pas besoin. On a regretté!! Au debut c'etait facil, mais apres quelques cetaines de metres Dan est resté coincé dans une sorte de sable mouvant et a perdu sa tongue!! On a eu un peu peur (il etait rentré jusqu aux cuisses!!!). Il est donc rentré avec une seule tongue!!!